Cosmetic dentistry procedures at Confidental Dental Care
A person’s smile is one of his or her best defining features. But one’s smile can easily be affected by dental imperfections. As a matter of fact, quite a number of such issues are known to exist. Cosmetic dentistry has evolved significantly in the recent times to help you correct those issues faster and easier.
The moment we think of dentists, most of do not think beyond cavities, teeth cleaning and other aspects of dental health. But all dental procedures are not just meant to boost your oral health. There are lots of procedures that are meant to improve your smile. These procedures usually come under the category of cosmetic dentistry.
A lot of people have elements of imperfections in their smile. Those imperfections result from different reasons or issues. Today’s society is more self-conscious than ever before. The way we appear before the world is severely important in the present scenario. And the way we appear affects our self-esteem to a large extent. Thus providing a little cosmetic care and treatment to your mouth has turned into a reliable way to feel good about ourselves, says a dentist associated with the renowned Confidental Dental Care in London. But what exactly are those procedures? How those procedures work? What do we have to do to get a procedure or the other done?
Let us explore the unknown territories in the section below.
- Teeth whitening – most of us believe that our teeth are naturally white. But that belief is wrong and the teeth are not naturally white in colour. Rather those are little greyish or yellowish in their natural appearance. The teeth enamel or the outermost cover even seems white apparently. Beneath the enamel is a layer of dentin, which is nothing but yellow in colour. Thus you should never mind having slightly yellowish teeth because that means those are healthy. But if you do not prefer yellowish teeth, there is always the option of teeth whitening. In fact there are various ways to whiten the teeth. But the safest way is to let an orthodontist work his or her way to help you reach your goal. Usually they whiten the teeth over a few appointments. Each of those appointments usually lasts under an hour.
- Composite bonding – do you have a chipped or cracked tooth? Composite bonding proves to be a great solution in either case. It can also be a great option for a tooth that has already started decaying. This procedure involves using a material called bonding that looks like clay. Your dentist or orthodontist applies this clay or bonding to fill up any break in your teeth. Once the bonding is placed, it requires to be moulded into the right shape. Then it is given a polish to ensure it looks identical to the other natural teeth in your mouth. Last but nevertheless the least, the bonded teeth is then exposed to a special light or UV ray. This hardens the material fast and you have the perfect smile you always wished.
- Dental veneers – if you want to have the perfect smile and willing to spend your hard-earned money on it then veneers are your best option. In plain and simple words veneers are a set of covering that is applied to the front surface of the teeth. As a part of the procedure, a portion of the enamel of the tooth is scraped away. However this portion is very small and insignificant for you to notice. The space that is thus created is filled with veneers. Veneers treatment is an excellent choice to cover up cracks in the tooth as well as chips, gaps and even small alignment issues.
- Inlays and onlays – some dental treatments do have peculiar names! As a matter of fact, both inlays and onlays are both technical terms for special types of fillings for the teeth. These fillings are usually placed into already rotted and diseases tooth. These fillings are also used on otherwise damaged tooth to keep them functional as well as look good in shape. It is important to note that inlays and onlays are not exactly the same. The difference lies in the way those are placed on your teeth. An Inlay is placed right at the centre of a damaged tooth whereas an onlay is placed over the top of a diseased tooth. in other words, an inlay is used to fill up a hole in the tooth that is little bigger for normal filling. An onlay on the other hand is used to fill a hole in the tooth that is little large for an inlay to tackle. Just like tooth veneers, both inlay and onlay treatments can be costly.
- Dental crowns – dental crowns are also popularly called caps. It is a covering for the entire tooth that goes right up to the gum line. This cap or covering is made from varieties of materials – like ceramic, porcelain and even metal. Usually ceramic is most commonly used because it gels well with the tooth surface. Ceramic crowns are quite costly. Ironically the metal ones that are made from gold are most easily affordable.
- Dental implants – An implant treatment is significantly common in the recent times. Technically speaking, an implant is a specially designed screw that is surgically placed into your gum. It is placed with the aim to stand instead of the roots of a lost tooth. An artificial crown is then placed on top of the screw to give the overall matter a tooth-like appearance. The screw or implant post is made from biocompatible metals, like titanium. If the crown is kept clean and properly maintained, then the artificial tooth root will gradually fuse with the surrounding bones and the tissues. Thus the implanted tooth is further secured in its place. The procedure involves invasive surgery although patients are administered with sedatives before the treatment. Dentists at a renowned clinic that offers confidential dental care in Wimbledon assure you will never feel any pain or discomfort throughout the invasive procedure.
If you think dentistry has to be nothing other than purely functional, then you must think again. In the modern times it is as fashionable too as you can imagine. There are innumerable dentistry procedures that are only meant to improve the appearance of your smile. We have discussed only a few procedures in this blog post. For more information and precise treatment just feel free to visit us at the Confidental Dental Clinic, located at Abbey Parade in Wimbledon.