Seagate NAS 2-Bay 4TB NAS Server Overview
A NAS (Network-Attached Storage) is a file-level computer system data storage server attached to a system network offering data access to a group of clients. Usually, it is manufactured as a system appliance. NAS systems contain one or more storage drives that are arranged into redundant, logical, RAID, or storage containers. In this article, we will review the stct4000100 Seagate 2-Bay 4TB NAS and discuss the benefits of having a NAS system.
The Seagate 2-Bay NAS is an entry-level model in the company’s latest storage network lineup. The device is targeted at small businesses and power users, although its features make it the best fit for customers and SOHO users. It comes with an impressive new management interface and a pleasantly simple design architecture, and superb performance, making it an ideal device. Please keep in mind that this system is not a problem-free device, as it has a below-average write performance, and difficult-to-remove hard disk drives.
- Capacity: 4 TB
- Form Factor: 2-Bay
- Hard Drive Support: Hot-swappable HDD trays
- 2 x SATA II channels
- 3.5-inch Seagate NAS hard drives
- Support of 3.5-inch and 2.5- inch HDD
- Network File Protocols Supported: NFS v3, AFP, Bonjour, Printers, HTTP
- Operating System: Seagate NAS OS 4
- Remote Access: Remote access with Mac, PC, tablet, and smartphone
- Supported Browsers: Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome
- Security Lock Slot: Kensington security slot
- Dimensions (Inches): 6.7 x 4.7 x 8.6
The Seagate stct4000100 2-Bay 4TB NAS is a preconfigured network storage, providing the ability to access, share, and collaborate files. It features two bays, each one housing a 2TB Seagate hard drive, designed to run 24 x 7 and provides performance for SMB and home use. Compared to standard hard drives, these run cooler and are rated higher for reliability, offering protection for your vital files.
The NAS Pro possesses Intel’s 1.7 Gigahertz dual-core processor and 2GB RAM to support frequent and fast file sharing among users and multiple apps running simultaneously. It also features RAID technology that guides you in picking between JBOD, RAID 1, and 0, which can provide redundancy, performance, and capacity. Moreover, it lets you start saving files after selecting the configuration.
Seagate includes Sdrive for Mac, PC, Apple, and Android devices. The Sdrive offers the latest security by encrypting files before they leave NAS. It features NAS-to NAS backup, letting IT administrators back up shares. Moreover, iSCSI support is another feature that delivers additional storage and performance for workstations and servers on the network, supporting NAS applications and IP SAN.
The read/copy performance of this Seagate Network Attached Storage Device is amazing, but it lacks write speeds. On the written test, the 2-Bay 4TB NAS averaged a little over 28 Megabytes per second. Generally, writing speeds are less than reading speeds, but there should not be a difference. If you have several huge files to be written, you should not expect a speedy performance from this system.
The pre-installed hard drives installed in NAS are very reliable compared to the standard desktop hard disk drives. These storage drives come with an advanced management capability and enhanced vibration tolerance. The industry-leading HDDs can support various performance profiles and optimum power so you can get a perfect balance.
Benefits of having NAS
NAS appliances, such as FS8600 – Dell Compellent, can offer several benefits to your business which are as follows.
- Protection From Data Loss: The RAID configuration in the NAS system makes sure that the data or information you store can endure the failure of its hard drives.
- More Storage. One of the primary advantages of the NAS system includes offering a significant storage capacity if you are relying on hard drives and workstations.
- Speed and Security: NAS provides security for your data from unauthorized people or sources.
- Better Data Management Tools: Encryption, deduplication, and fully automated backups are the features you can put to work on a NAS system. These will make your data storage more secure and efficient. Also, you can synchronize workflows to make collaboration easy for your team
The Seagate 4TB 2-bay NAS is aimed at SOHO and home users without any IT infrastructure. The device does well in terms of performance, specs, and features, as well as it is extremely simple to use. Also, it has an intuitive and clean User Interface. If you are looking to buy it or the Dell Compellent FS8600, you can visit our online store Harddiskdirect.com. We have a number of IT and computer accessories that you can buy at discounted prices. Also, if you want to purchase any refurbished hardware devices, just get in touch with us, and we will arrange that for you as soon as possible.